Aprilskin’s Real Calendula Peel Off Pack is an award-winning peel-off face mask that promises gentle exfoliation to remove dead skin cells, sebum and impurities.
Its product page is full of lofty claims such as 99.9% product satisfaction, along with a list of certifications and awards. After seeing this mask from the Korean brand advertised for the hundredth time on social media, it was time to try it out. Is it just me, or are their ads all over your feed too?
The results are in after months of testing. Read on to find out!
The face mask is free of sulfates, parabens, gluten, toxins and artificial fragrances. Botanicals are the stars in this formula.
- Calendula’s antiseptic and antibacterial target acne, while its anti-inflammatory effect helps to calm sensitive skin.
- Anti-inflammatory Starflower (Borage), Cornflower, and Chamomile extracts soothe dry, itchy, scaly skin.
- Lavender and Clary oils combat acne with antibacterial properties.
- Orange peel oil clears up acne, reduces puffiness and redness, evens out skin tone, smooths skin texture, brightens and brightens.
- Texas Cedarwood and Balsam Torchwood Bark oils provide support in clearing away acne and help soothe and repair scaly skin.
The mask takes about 20-30 minutes to dry and peels off easily.
- Scent: A spa-like, gentle floral fragrance. Layered and pleasant.
- Texture: Thick, honey-like with calendula petals and other floral fragments.
Left: Tested on the back of my hand as a control. No residue observed.
Right: Results from the nose. The spots here are sebum or minor impurities.
Compared to typical pore packs, it’s harder to see what the mask has extracted due to its transparency and plant fragments in the formula. I do find my pores looking cleaner with fewer visible whiteheads and blackheads after peeling this off though. There is the occasional sebaceous filament removed too, but it doesn’t extract the stubborn ones.
This leaves minimal redness or irritation on my sensitive skin. The mild scent, texture and ease of peeling it off makes it a pleasure to use. It seems to live up to the claim of leaving skin feeling soft and smooth too.
If you’re looking for a gentle peel-off mask to remove impurities from your pores with mostly botanical ingredients, this is worth a try. Personally, I will continue to enjoy this.
What is your favourite way of dealing with whiteheads, blackheads or sebaceous filaments?
Available here from Amazon.