As if a tropical island can’t get hot and humid enough, we’ve been enjoying (not really) a very sweltering summer. It’s virtually summer all year round in Singapore, but this time of the year means more intense summer weather: Heatwaves, blaze and sweat.
As a citizen of eternally hot, humid summers, allow me to recommend 5 summer beauty and makeup essentials, tried and tested!
- Sweat Proof Foundation or BB Cream. I personally use Innisfree Long Wear Cushion SPF 50. Lightweight, high SPF, lasts and looks good all day in high heat and humidity. No powder or primer needed. The most sweat resistant base makeup (with no powder or primer) I’ve tested so far.
- Smudge Proof Eyeliner. I’ve found Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner to be incredibly budge proof. It only comes off at the end of the day with makeup remover. It’s a higher end drugstore product, but worth the investment.
- Powerful Mascara. Besides the well-loved Maybelline The Falsies, I’ve found Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus to hold up very well. So well that it can be quite tough to remove ^^;
- Good Sunscreen. I’m not crazy about sunscreen, but when there’s a need, I would go for the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence. It’s SPF50, lightweight and the most comfortable of sunscreens I’ve tried, without any thick oily residue.
- Refreshing Makeup Remover. I love a makeup remover to wrap up a hot, sticky day with a fresh, clean, cooling sensation. Bifesta Cleansing Lotion is my favourite so far!
I hope you find these helpful. I would have a longer list, but I wanted to keep only to products I have tested thoroughly and performed well 😉
Have you tried these products and how did they go for you? Do you have other summer recommendations? Share with us in the comments below!